Popular Post

Monday, May 24, 2010

It's the little things.

So my father, the arms dealer, is currently in Langkawi doing what any self respecting arms dealer does and, hang on, I have no idea what self respecting arms dealers do.

Anyhou. Yesterday I picked up a message on my phone, 'Hello Katethere, tell your mother I'm in Singapore!' I love those messages, it's as if he hadn't decided where he was actually off to when he left for the airport.

As he was coming through Auckland I whipped off to the airport to have a glass of wine with him before he hit the international terminal. I had gone straight from the hairdressers where I'd had a significant amount of hair chopped off. My hair tis still, technically, long but not half as long as it was.

After she'd had a good chop at it she proceeded to straighten my mass of unruly tangles. A new look.

So there I was, Little Miss Straight-but-Significantly-Shorter Hair. I walked up to my father who took one look at me and said, 'Gidday Wurzel (as in Gummidge,see: 'mass of unruly tangles'), you've grown your hair !'

My father rocks.