Popular Post

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Lord Sleep. Don't mess with him.

In the very early hours of this morning I got a call from one of my team from work. It was concerning work and she was working (and before you ask, no, I'm not running a team of hookers). She needed an answer which was the difference between another four hours on the job or not.

But I digress.

The first thing she said was, 'I'm really sorry for waking you up'. And it got me thinking. (There was quite a bit of thinking that went on in the two hours that it took me to get back to sleep).

My question is, how come sleep has so much respect? ( I may have answered this question in the previous sentence, but I'm ignoring myself).

But think about it, you never want to ring someone too late at night - in case they are sleeping. If someone has gone off for an afternoon kindy, you tip toe around the house, to make sure you don't wake them up. As a species we don't really like to wake up anything that's sleeping - except cats, cause that's entertainment.

Is it as basic as the time it can take to get to sleep, or is there some other reason that I'm spectacularly missing ?

Or, is it just time to put sleep in it's place?