Popular Post

Monday, June 22, 2009

Bring on Twenty-four Hour Monopoly.

I had a call time for a job this morning of 5.30 a.m. which, let's be honest, is pretty brutal. And in the depths of winter, it is sensationally brutal.

Not only do you have to get up early, but you have to get up early when it's DARK and COLD. And you're really tired not only cause you had to get up early but also because you woke at every hour on the hour to see how many hours you had left before you had to get up really early.

So you could understand my delight when I got a call last night to say that the call time had been pushed back and that the new time was 6.30 a.m. Boo-yeah! I had reclaimed an hour of my night. An hour I had given up forever. And I didn't even have to fork out a ransom.

But the thing is, if my call time had been pushed from 5.30 p.m to 6.30 p.m I wouldn't have even noticed.

This got me thinking, if you were putting a price on hours of the day, I reckon the most exclusive real estate would lie from 2 a.m-6 a.m.