Popular Post

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pop quiz

You're being sent to live on a desert island.

You're allowed to take three foods, what would they be?

Now, I really struggle with this question. I (Pollyannaishly) assume that there will be a larder stocked with salt, grindy pepper, good oil, balsamic, soya sauce, garlic, ginger, thai chilli sauce.....yada yada yada. And if I am only allowed just the one, I'll take the salt, thanks.

But what foods would you take? When I ask friends this question, there are those that fall into the survival camp and those that fall into the what-would-I-really-want-to-eat-if-I-could-only-eat-three-things camp.

I was mortified when I asked my (at the time) nine year old nephew, and he listed water and two other foods that would ensure he would see out the next fifty years.(You're nine, surely you should just be requesting fish and chips? Cause your father would have, at your age).

Anyway, if you were asking me today I think I would take mushrooms (as long as I had the arsenal of condiments listed above), mangoes (as my sweet treat) and prawns. If I could go hunt my own prawns I think I would take avocado.

That's my three, what are yours?