Popular Post

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dance as if no one were watching

Click on picture to see it nice and close!

If you haven't heard of Mo Manning and checked out her digi stamps, then I would say RUN to her site, Digial Pencil Too, and check out her fabulous work! I fell MADLY in love with this stamp when I first saw her. I actually gasped, and immediately put her in my cart.

I have the sweetest Mom In Law in the entire world, and she is turning 80 years old this weekend. She is so full of life, and she is a true inspiration to me. I wanted to make her a special card, so I knew I had to use this image to make it. I colored it with my copic markers and the DP is BG Lemonade. The base of the card is Bazzill cardstock, and the layering mats are with PTI cardstock. I added some machine stitching and a frame cut from my Storybook Cricut cartridge for the sentiment. The fronds are also from Storybook.

Added some pretty silk ribbon from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and a rose from my friend Jacque. I think the charm came from The Hobby Store, but I'm not sure. My collection of charms is growing very rapidly and I don't remember what I got from where. So what do you think? Do you think she'll like it? I sure hope so. I mean...I know she's like my mom, and she'd like it if I smeared some ink on a piece of paper just cause I made it. But I really wanted to make her a special card. Did I accomplish my task?
Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again soon! HUGS!