Popular Post

Monday, September 13, 2010

Someone was 'aving a larf at my expense, I am convinced.

On Saturday I heard Harry Ricketts, an Associate Professor in English, Film Theatre and Media Studies at Victoria University, being interviewed on National Radio.

And it reminded me of a time that I made a sensational fool of myself.

I am talking a gloriously, sensational fool of myself. We're going professional here.

I was doing an interview with him so I turned up at his home, crew in tow and knocked on the door.

And he kindly welcomed us in.

About now I'd like to say that it all went swimmingly to plan, but no. This is me we're talking about.

I led the charge, following him down the hallway like normal people do.... but then proceeded, with absolute no apparent reason, to fall spectacularly on my face.

I was taking 'falling on your face' to a new level.

My dignity took a sabbatical and there I was left, trying to gather myself, and pretend that nothing hurt.

Needless to say, the crew were merciless in taking the piss out of me, falling about in stitches, they thought I added huge value to their afternoon.

Harry was generous about it; vaguely concerned...incredibly polite....a teensy bit embarrassed on my behalf...but I knew, at the end of the day, he thought I was a goose. Just like the crew told me I was.

But the whole irony of the situation, and here's the thing that really gets me, I was interviewing him about.......comedy.

It still makes me squirm.

So that's my morning talk, please can some of you share ?